Proposal Preparation Toolkit & Webinar Archive
Are you looking for help in navigating the NSF IUSE: EHR proposal preparation process? We have you covered.
EHR Guidelines & Background
Improving Undergraduate STEM Education (IUSE) is a core NSF STEM education program that seeks to promote novel, creative, and transformative approaches to generating and using new knowledge about STEM teaching and learning to improve STEM education for undergraduate students. The program is open to application from all institutions of higher education and associated organizations. –NSF
Anyone interested in submitting an IUSE grant proposal should be familiar with these documents:
Explore currently funded projects or connect with a Program Officer:
Deadlines & Track Information
Detailed information about the Engaged Student Learning and Institutional and Community Transformation tracks can be found in the NSF IUSE: EHR Solicitation 19-601 under II. Program Description, Section B and is overviewed in this webinar (link to most recent individual webinar page).
Full Proposal Deadlines (due by 5 p.m. submitter’s local time):
Webinar Archive – Learn what makes a successful proposal
The NSF Division of Undergraduate Education in collaboration with AAAS offers an IUSE: EHR webinar series (solicitation NSF 19-601). This series provides introductions to the IUSE: EHR program, recommendations for designing competitive proposals, track information, background on the merit review criteria, information for new awardees, and more.
General Guidelines & Resources for NSF Grant Writing
NSF Grant Writing Guidelines
- NSF Proposal & Award Policies and Procedure Guide (PAPPG) (NSF 20-1): The NSF PAPPG provides detailed information about the proposal and award process at NSF. It is composed of two parts:
- Proposal Preparation and Submission Guidelines
- Award, Administration and Monitoring of Grants and Cooperative Agreements
- NSF PAPPG Webinar (Note: This latest PAPPG version is in effect as of June 1, 2020.)
- NSF & U.S. Department of Education Common Guidelines for Education Research and Development
- NSF – Approved Formats for Biographical Sketch & Current and Pending Support Sections of NSF Proposals
NSF Award Management
Other Grant Writing Resources
- Tips for Developing Proposals (CADRE)
- Differentiating Research & Evaluation:
- Webinar: Untangling Knowledge Generation and Evaluation (NOTE: This webinar is from the NSF S-STEM Program but contains generally helpful information on this frequently confusing topic.) View the Slides